Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Golden Rule

When it comes to social interaction, there's a new Golden Rule.  While the old fashioned "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" certainly applies, it's not the primary rule.

Now, your Golden Rule is: "Always leave them better than you met them." I adapted from one of the primary rules of Pickup as written by Style - you can read more about Pickup at my colleage's blog found here.

What this means for you is that you should strive to improve the lives of those around you. Be there when you're needed, be honest, and be yourself. In this day and age where we're bombarded with ideas of what we should be, most of us just need someone to appreciate us for who we are.

With everyone you meet, try to brighten their lives a little. It'll come back several times over back to you; Karma's pretty awesome that way.

Go, my disciples, and spread joy unto the world.
-K

7 comments:

  1. I actually do try to do this. I try to inspire and motivate people, as well as entertain/have them have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, I try my best to help people out, it always helps to be altruistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do that since now. Those words reach me bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. And it's astounding how little it takes, you can brighten everybody's life a bit by just walk around smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i find actually listening and talking with someone is one of those things that always brightens my day.

    ReplyDelete